Sunday, 19 November 2006

Un peu d'histoire

Salut! Welcome to our new blog and the adventures of the Galopins in New Zealand. To commemorate such an opening, I guess we should start with a quick history lesson for anyone who hasn't shared part of the ride so far...

To the left is moi (Jenni) and the man I call mon cheri - although the rest of the world knows him as Eric. Our personal adventure began on the 14th of February 2002, the day Eric arrived in NZ for the first time. There happened to be a barbeque that night and cliched as it is - the rest is history.

After much travelling over oceans between NZ and France, we've finished uni, settled down (sort of) and even got married... which pretty much brings us to the present and the reason for this blog. We are the first branch of the Galopin family in New Zealand!

It seems that despite the enormous advantages in communication that we have, life always seems to get in the way of us reminding people on either side of the world that we think of them often. Timely really, as my baby sister prepares to move to the other end of the world and we head back to our French home for Christmas.

So, that's it for the first entry - you'll be introduced shortly to some of the other characters in our lives and our adventures...

2 comments:

iMAs said...

Hi!

I am Eric's friend in BECA Soroako Office. I just visited ur blog :)
Eric seemed have less spirit these days, I thought that he miss u much :)
Best regards from me to u :)

Maite Ferro said...

Dear Jen,
I am Maite Mouse. I have just visited your blog and I have to say that you look just the same and very happy. I am glad for you
Always in my mind
Lots of love Mouse